D. F. Krieger

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sail My Oceans

Like any good writer trying to break into the market, I've done my research on what sails *ahem*, I mean sells.  On some publishers webpage, located conveniently in the "Submissions" section; they often have a "Call for Submissions" outlining certain subjects they are really in the mood for.

Inspired by this knowledge, and a certain subject category, I've decided to try my hand at a pirate themed story I've lovingly dubbed, "Sail My Oceans".  This story, as per the outlined call, has to be between 18k and 30k words.  It is due by mid-January....AT THE LATEST.


What?!  MID-January?  She's crazy to attempt that, right?! 

The answer to that questions is yes, yes I am.  But I'm going to have some fun with such a task and enjoy seeing what fruits such a challenge will offer me.  So join me, if you will, as I give daily (maybe hourly depending on how ridiculously crazy things get here.  Can we say two kids and a house full of cats?) updates on progress and word count.  Maybe, just maybe, I'll even post an excerpt!

No comments: