D. F. Krieger

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Social Media and Self Promoting

After researching several discussion boards and publisher's websites, I've had to face an ugly truth; writing is not for those that fear the public eye.  Darn near every blog, discussion board, and writer's/publisher's rant I've read has stated that a writer must have a social media or blog of their own.  Ouch!  Not what I wanted to hear.

Gone are my dreams of hiding in the glow of my computer while I dredge out novel after novel and miscellaneous articles.  Destroyed are my visions of keeping my private life and professional life completely separate.  It seems these days that editors even have a knack of googling submitters to get a feel for their personality.

So what's a girl to do when she has minimal publishing background (so far) and major publishing dreams?  Suck it up!  That's right, I've come out of the proverbial geek's basement and thrown the curtains back.  Here I am and though I've little to prove it yet, I've got tons to offer!

Statement of the day:  "If I don't write, the voices in my head won't shut up.  What am I suppose to do then, huh?!"

No comments: