D. F. Krieger

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sail My Oceans-Day 5

Blah!  That's the only word that can describe today.  I knew the porkchop was dangerous.  I knew better than eat it, but eat it I did.  I paid for it all night and through most of the day.  It sucks being allergic to pork.  I can usually swing it.  Cover it in shake 'n bake, split it with my five year old, and dine with pleasure.  Sans shake 'n bake, or splitting it with my son, and I won a valuable lesson.  Never again porkchop!  I loathe thee!

Yes, this does mean I've been sick all bloody day.  Unfortunately it means I didn't write much.  I tried, I really did.  But when your stomach is rolling every which way, and you are clinging to your bed like it's the only piece of safe flotsam on a stormy sea...Yeah, creativity is at an all time low. Especially when I have trouble writing sex scenes anyways.  I don't think people want the story to read, "As he pushed her against a wall, forcing her mouth in a kiss, she doubled up her fist and blackened his eye!"

Funny?  I think so.  Something that will sell to a romantic/erotic publishing company?  Eh, not so much.

My last word count was at 13,005.  I managed to write about a 1,000 words before I've decided to throw in the towel and curl up with my husband.  I'm keeping my sanity by soothing myself that I'm ahead of schedule and I can still get this done as long as I'm productive tomorrow.

Final word count: 14,011

No comments: