D. F. Krieger

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sail My Oceans-Day 6

We're expecting Kenobi to come live with us tomorrow.  I'm still needing suggestions for names!

Okay, back to our original reason for this blog.

We left off at 14,011 yesterday.  My husband, ever conscientious of my need to write and the pressing deadline, was kind enough to take care of the kids after I cooked dinner.  I typed my little heart away, working doggedly through the second sex scene in the book.  For some reason it was easier this time.  I think it is because I'm starting to lose some of my 'inhibitions' about what I'm writing.

I came from a fairly conservative background.  Sex, though not a bad word, was definitely not something that was openly discussed.  It was also something one did not read about in graphic detail.  So to write these novels, I've had to come to terms with my own raising.  I've learned two valuable lessons in these past six days:

1) I am an adult and should not be ashamed to write about sex. 

2) I should not be ashamed to ADMIT that I write about sex.

Though my writing time didn't get started until well after 8 p.m., I still managed to get a fair amount done.  Granted, tomorrow I'm going to darn near chain myself to my computer (can anyone else here the mental whips in my head cracking?!?).  I'm so close to writing "The End" I can taste it!

Now before I post the total word count, I want you to understand that about an hour or so of my writing time was applied to going back and correcting obvious errors; i.e. - words left out, too much usage of the words "he/she" versus names (I'd like to thank my crit partner for bringing it to my attention that I have a bad habit of doing that one!)...

Total word count: 15,798

No comments: