D. F. Krieger

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Greetings! Last time you visited, I had an excerpt from Wings of Obsidian.  Since everyone seemed to like it so much, I thought I'd post another. I've only written 5 chapters thus far, so it'll be the last excerpt for a little while, but I promise I'll still have good things next week.

A quick note: Lilly is a two year old girl who, though found in a human village, is obviously of dragon descent. It was Thenios (our sexy black dragon who can take human form) who found her and brought her to his weyr. Lisandra (who was in last weeks post) is Lilly's 'mother'.


Lilly snuggled the pony and smiled at him.  “What name?”
He started at the question.  “Thenios,” he said, deciding to give her his personal name.
She frowned, uncertain how to pronounce it.  Suddenly with a serious look on her face she pointed at him and said, “Da.”
“Da?”  He felt the color drain from his face.


Hope you enjoyed this!  To read more wonderful entries, click: Six Sentence Sunday

~ D. F. Krieger

14 comments:

Jayel Kaye said...

How very sweet. Is it true, I wonder?

Sarah Grimm said...

The big, sexy alpha dragon unsettled by a little girl calling him Da. Love it!

Rebecca Royce said...

LOL! Nothing like the little ones to throw things astray!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Oh! "Da." So adorable.

KL/LE said...

Nicely written, very sweet. thanks for sharing!

N.M. said...

Haha, very nice excerpt. It made me smile.

Arlene said...

yes, very sweet. One word, Da, falling from a little one's lips could mean so much. I'd read on as fast as I could.

Lisa Fox said...

That's so very cute and sweet!

Marie Dees said...

Very sweet! I think I like this group of characters.

Dee Carney said...

CUTE!

Cate Masters said...

Loved it. :)

Pippa Jay said...

Oh dear, poor Thenios! But how cute.

Laurel Kriegler said...

Awe shucks! Great stuff :-)

Hailey Edwards said...

Cuteness!