D. F. Krieger

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Thank you to everyone who has been stopping by weekly and welcome to those who are visiting the first time. I appreciate all the comments I've been receiving! I still haven't worked on Wings of Obsidian at all, as I've been too busy with a multitude of other things.  I do, however, have an excerpt for you this week from my current WIP; His Prey. I hope you enjoy :)

Nyna bounded through the forest on cloven hooves, her honey colored fur highlighted in mist and moonlight. The air was alive with the ominous crackles of her purser. The wolf hungered, and she was his prey. This was a dance of life; one that her tribe and his had performed for years. It would be performed for years to come.

Tonight she would give herself to him, to ensure his tribe continued protecting hers.

For more wonderful writers and their six, please visit Six Sentence Sunday  
~ D. F. Krieger

19 comments:

Kerrianne Coombes said...

For the good of the tribe, eh? Great six xx

Sarah Grimm said...

Wow, you've hooked me. I want to read more.

Lisa Fox said...

Hmm, I wonder what "giving herself to him" actually entails??

Jayel Kaye said...

That was super interesting. I want to know how she gives herself, too

Taryn Kincaid said...

This is so strangely sexy in its way!

Chrystalla said...

*shivers* Excellent last line!

Edie Ramer said...

Very interesting! Nice motivation.

N.M. Martinez said...

Chilling! Very interesting excerpt!

A.R. Norris said...

Intriguing. I love the details you put into this scene. You gave it a lot of dimension and sensory.

alanarose said...

Beautifully written. Love the fantasy.
Rachel Firasek

Alanna Coca said...

Very nice six :)

Emily Cale said...

I'm intrigued! Can't wait to see more of this and see exactly where this leads.

Trish said...

Wonderful description.

I just hope that the "giving herself to him" doesn't entitle him eating her. lol

Because I really like Nyna in this excerpt. Hate to see her devoured by a hungry wolf!

Dee Carney said...

Eep! What's going to happen next?

joleenenaylor said...

Intriguing!

Casi said...

Well that sounds just mean and ominous. I'm sure it probably ends in happily ever after, but still...

Casi said...

Also just wanted to say that I love your Koi fish thingy at the top.

Lucy Felthouse said...

I'm intrigued - sounds like a fab story!

Laurel Kriegler said...

Interesting ways of thinking there. Tribes ... protection ... intriguing! :-)