D. F. Krieger

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Once again, I'd like to thank everyone for stopping by and for the wonderful comments I keep receiving. This week I thought I'd give you the starting paragraph from my current WIP, His Prey.


Nyna kept her head down, her glossy black hair shielding her face, as she walked into the village. She suffered no desire to see the disapproving gazes of the elders. She swore she could already feel them resting on her, raking her skin until it made her soul burn. They would say nothing to her, but the firm press of their lips and the sadness in their eyes would be enough.
Not enough to stop her from doing it again, of course.

Visit Six Sentence Sunday for more exciting/sexy/thrilling writing by other authors! ~ D. F. Krieger

15 comments:

Jo-Anne Kenrick said...

oh, has me wondering why she's being shunned -- wearing a scarlet letter? nice six!!

Jayel Kaye said...

This is really good. I love the emotions you've shown.

Lisa Fox said...

This raises so many questions! I must know more!

Marie Dees said...

I just love that last line!

Laura Kaye said...

Aw, that last line is the clincher! Awesome!

Lex Valentine said...

I have to agree. Great last line!

Chrystalla said...

Intriguing post! :-)

Lauri J Owen said...

Provocative!

Taryn Kincaid said...

"Not enough to stop her from doing it again, of course." Great kicker.

onmiownnow2 said...

Very nice last line!

Jessica Subject said...

Very intriguing. A great opening paragraph, as I want to read more.

Casi said...

Of course she's going to do it again. I'm not entirely sure what IT is, but of course.

Great six, I'd love to read this story.

ada-hoffmann said...

Intriguing. Makes me wonder what she's been doing!

Eleri Stone said...

Shunned and unrepentant. Awesome.

Pippa Jay said...

Loved that last line. :)