D. F. Krieger

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

I'd like to apologize for my lack of commenting last week. I was away from my computer and have been so busy this week I never got a chance to even read anyone else's Six. I WILL be sitting down and reading/commenting on the entire list this time, I do so solemnly swear. Cross my heart and hope to get vampire bit. *Ahem*

For this weeks Six I'd like to give you a section of the free read I posted Friday. Sorry if you've already read it. Not being around my computer means no chance to write anything new. Either way, I hope you enjoy this bit of Comet's Kiss.


Her bronzed skin seemed to swirl and glisten, like live embers threatening to come to life. Her hair fell in yellows and reds, the delicate strands brushing against her hips. Bezeal couldn’t see her eyes from this far back in the room, but knew they would be orange and pupiless.
“Here now, what’s this?” one of the other men from the crowd demanded. “Are you trying to kill us all? This whole place is made of wood. She’ll burn us alive!”

Here's a link back to Six Sentence Sunday. Hope everyone has/had a great weekend! ~ D. F. Krieger

28 comments:

J.C. Martin said...

Very vivid! Is she going to burn them all alive?

Arlene said...

wow. what a great show of some sort of fiery being. I'm hooked.

graylinfox said...

Intriguing, I'm hooked!

heatherthurmeier said...

The description at the beginning is awesome! Great snippet!

Sarah Grimm said...

Wow, very vivid! Great six!

theoccupant said...

She sounds like one beautiful lady.

mercwriter said...

Hot. In more ways than one. ;)

Chrystalla said...

A fire mage? Very intriguing and beautifully described.

Lisa Fox said...

That is one hot lady! Great six!

Eleri Stone said...

Love the description here.

Jayel Kaye said...

The description was great. Beautiful

Laurel Kriegler said...

Great post - some lovely descriptions. I think that it does need to be 'pupilless' though ... :-)

Jessica Subject said...

Great description and the dialogue hooked me in.

Dee Carney said...

Uh oh. What's going on here?!

Kerrianne Coombes said...

Intriguing....

Taryn Kincaid said...

Nicely drawn.

Lauri J Owen said...

Good use of description. Great six!

Casi said...

Wow! I love the description, especially the colors. It's so vibrant.

Miranda Buchanan said...

Super interesting. I really like the descriptions. Oh and can I just say I'm now a little obsessed with feeding your fish! So cool. :)

Lynne Murray said...

Gotta love a woman with genuine fire power! An evocative six!

Emily Cale said...

I'm hooked. Can't wait to see more of this fiery lady.

Pippa Jay said...

A six full of sparks! :)

Layna said...

Love the description here. Great snippet!

Hailey Edwards said...

Very interesting. Love the description here.

Laurie A. Green said...

Very intriguing. Hm, wondering about the setting. School for super beings? Hope they have flame-proofing.

Great six.

Laurie A. Green said...

P.S. I love your fish!

diannehartsock said...

"...live embers threatening to come to life." Fantastic writing! Very vivid. Can't wait to meet her.

Alyssa Fox said...

Love the description I'm hooked.