D. F. Krieger

Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricanes & Pirates

Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt your regularly scheduled snark and smut for an important announcement. I'm sure many of you are aware of the incoming hurricane. At this point, I'm not evacuating, but I'm well aware that I may lose power, possibly for days to weeks. If a mandatory evacuation occurs (or common sense kicks in), I will gather up my kids and my pets and head farther inland.

Either way, I highly doubt I'll be available over the weekend. However, I will post a blog after the storm is finished and service/power is back.

Because floods are making me think about pirates, and pirates are making me think about Lucy Verr and her attractive entourage, I'm offering a deal: Leave a comment filling in the blank and you'll be entered to win a free e-copy of Sail My Oceans. (winner will be chosen and announced either Monday afternoon or as soon as I get service back after that time)

Dear Irene,
 I never realized how _____ you could be, but its not enough to ______ me.

Have fun and I do hope everyone else stays safe as well. ~ D. F. Krieger

8 comments:

Lisa Kait said...

My words for the blanks: Obsessive and Stop.......

Stay safe D.F.<3

Astrea Baldwin said...

Dear Irene,
I never realized how obtuse you could be, but its not enough to provoke me.

Lorraine said...

Dear Irene,
I never realized how destructive you could be, but its not enough to scare me.

(At least until it hits here.)

Ju Dimello said...

Dear Irene,

I never realized how stubborn you could be, but it's not enough to stop me ( from praying for everyone's wellbeing! )

Thanks for the giveaway. Count me in. judimello AT gmail DOT com

Siobhan Muir / Meg Palevich said...

Dear Irene,
I never realized how PERNICIOUS you could be, but it's not enough to UPROOT me.

Many blessings to you and your family out there, D.F.

Siobhan
nevadafox AT gmail DOT com

heather said...

Dear Irene,
I never realized how ruthless you could be, but it's not enough to break me.
Stay safe out there!

chamblinh@gmail.com

Laurie said...

Dear Irene,
I never realized how persistent you could be, but it's not enough to terrorize me. (although I will be praying that everyone makes it through okay)

goaliemom00@cox.net

kastil said...

Dear Irene,
I never realized how flippant you could be, but its not enough to phase me.