D. F. Krieger

Monday, November 28, 2011

NaNope

NaNo! Except, not. NaNope? You got it. I had the best intentions. I was rocking out on the fact I had the perfect story outlined in my head to write. It was going to be fantabulous. I know, fantabulous isn't a word...but it should be. Anyway, where were we? Ah, yes, my endeavors at NaNo.

Did you know that people apparently submit more in the month of November than any other month? Yeah, that's what I've found at least. Every time I would sit down to get to work on my NaNo project, Do-do-da-da-de-da ( <---Attempt at my e-mail ringtone). "New Submission!"

I'd be all like "Yay!" And then later that night, after I've read my heart out and either accepted or rejected, I'd take my evening shower, think about my book, and be all like, "Damn!" Except, not in a happy way. In a, "I can't believe that it's now week two and I've only gotten a thousand words wrote" negative kind of cursing.

I finally came to terms with the fact that I'm still sitting below two thousand and I'm not going to make it. Now granted, I didn't face it until last night. I looked at the date, felt my eyes widen, and then promptly logged on to an online game and killed the holy heck out of monsters to vent my frustration. It's a good thing the monsters can't understand me when I'm venting at the computer screen, because I'm sure they would have been shaking a fist at the in-game sky cursing whatever god this "NaNo" is that I'm crusading for.

Next year, NaNo, I will avenge myself and you will be mine!

How many of you bagged that elusive word count? ~ D. F. Krieger

2 comments:

Tara said...

I got one manuscript done as you well know because it dinged into your submission box. LOL. But I didn't write for Nano. I just write when I have time, an idea, and feel like it. No Nano for me.

wlynnchantale said...

I think I may be the overachiever and will need tomorrow to finish, but I'm almost at 50k. Even though I didn't ding your inbox...yet I did submit a couple of manuscripts.

*peeks from hiding place* Is it safe?