D. F. Krieger

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Moving Tails

Most of you knew that we bought a house recently and were in the process of moving. Well, at 2:45 a.m., we finally unloaded the last thing from the U-Haul and called it a night. I'm proud to say a majority of our furniture was placed exactly where it needed to be instead of haphazardly in any available space.

But that's not what this blog post is about. This is about how our animals dealt with the move and their mindset.

Xylas, our two-year old Australian Shepard mix went something like this. Car ride = "Oh god, oh god, I'm gonna die! Please, please, please forgive me for whatever I did-Wait, that's my mommy outside the window! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! MOMMY!!!" She was brought in the house, where she sniffed around and followed the person of the moment. I let her in the back yard and I swear her eyes went wide. She promptly sky-rocket through every puddle she could find with tail held high like a flag.

MacBeth, our year and a half old Russian Blue has only one thing to say. "There must be an inner circle of hell dedicated to people who make me move. If there isn't, I plan to create one."

Fathom, our eight-month old Russian Blue was completely different in his approach. Car ride in cage = "Group hug cuddle time!" New house = "Oh wow, did you see the size of this room, mom? Hey, look out the door-there's MORE HOUSE. It goes on foreeeever! Oh crap, I'm lost! Moooom, moooom, moooom-Oh, there you are. Hey, I'm going the other direction now."

Calypso - Our six-month old Egyptian Mau mix. Car ride = "Fathom, get off me NOW! I swear I'm going to rip your ears off. No, don't lick me. I don't wanna be washed. I'm NOT going to calm down." New House = "Where's my dad? Okay, dad is here. I found a closet that smells of dad's things. Wait, Fathom, where are you going?! Wait for me!!!"

Faye- Our five-month old Siamese mix. Car ride = "Find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place." New house = "Mom, you have to hold me NOW. You are my happy place and I'm scared. Hold me, hold me, hold me! Fine, you can't pick me up? Then I shall climb you and if you bleed from this, remember you could have solved this by simply picking me up."

Tavaresh - Our six month old Martial Ferret had quite an amusing take on the whole ordeal. Car ride = *Insert the Geico "Wheeeee!" pig here* She was literally dooking (a chittering noise ferrets make when happy) as we went over bumps and around curves. New House = Ferret sleep because she wore herself out on the car ride.

Do you have any funny moving stories about your pets? Or even any funny pet stories you want to tell period? Please, share them with me. ~ D. F. Krieger

1 comment:

Astrea Baldwin said...

My cat at the time was more like, "You bought *this*? THIS? Where's my room? I don't HAVE a room? Foolish human, I will pee in your shoes while you sleep."