D. F. Krieger

Monday, January 30, 2012

Must Read Monday: Sinful Urges

I can't express how excited I am over this book. It doesn't even release until this Friday, but I simply must pimp it now!

Follow the confessions of Juan and Maria as they fall prey to lust at first sight. Can they stop themselves before it's too late, or will they become victims of their own sinful urges?

A new neighbor sends Juan running to confession to rid himself of the lustful thoughts he experiences. Each confession becomes more erotic, more sinful than the last. Can Juan stop himself, or will he give in to the desire that threatens his very faith?

The man across the street causes Maria to question her own morals. When she seeks out a priest for confession, she weaves a tale of exotic kisses and stolen moments. How can Maria find sanctuary in her prayers when her body demands she finds solace in her neighbor's arms?

When this manuscript hit my inbox, I read it in one sitting. I was caught up in the internal, emotional, and spiritual struggle that Juan and Maria face. And trust me, the author does a hell of a job in portraying those things.

Normally, I don't like books about an affair. Affairs are ugly things and hurtful, not a romantic tryst with angelic music in the background. But the way this author weaved the tale, the way the book ended...Wow. Just wow. I was sitting there, staring at my screen thinking, "I will do anything in my power to make certain we publish this book." Yeah, it was that good and the ending was that unexpected. I will warn you, this book is not your average romance. It does not contain an HEA, but it is a sizzling read that will stick with you long after you've finished reading. ~ D. F. Krieger

1 comment:

Tara said...

Thank you. Never realized you liked it that much. Makes me feel good. :)