D. F. Krieger

Monday, January 9, 2012

Must Read Monday: Timeless Heart

This is a story I read a good six months ago and it has stuck with me. No, I didn't edit it, but I highly recommend it. I like time travel romances, though I don't read many of them (something I'm really going to have to change). This is Timeless Heart.

Sandra Cranston, an elementary teacher on leave, discovers a carriage deep in the woods. Inside is a man, Jerrod Ross, who fuels all of her wicked Regency dreams and fantasies. 

Ross has been torn from the only world he has ever known—1821 Cornwall, England. How will he adjust to the future and his growing desire for the lovely lady who found him? More importantly, how will he ever return to his time?

I enjoyed this read because of how well she stuck to what would be Jerrod's normal customs. He wasn't a modern man and he didn't have modern habits. He treated what we consider every day objects with complete puzzlement. Some of his reactions were downright hilarious.

Also, shave scene. You can find it in the excerpt if you click the above cover image. Wow, I never knew something like shaving could be so darned sexy! Yes, please k thanks! Plus the emotional conflict "Should I stay, should I go" really tears you in two for the characters. This is certainly a must read! ~ D. F. Krieger

No comments: