D. F. Krieger

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lucky Seven Post


Here is a random post that doesn't have anything to do with Must Read Mondays or Writer Wednesdays. You see, I was tagged by the talented Gayl Taylor who apparently decided she wanted a sneak peak at one of my current WIP's. Clever, Gayl, very clever.

Here are the rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating!
4. Tag 7 other authors


(I had a few WIP's to choose from, none of which are near 77 pages yet so I went with page 7 and started at line 7) <-- Haha Gayl, you see that? It's called copy and paste! >:D


The excerpt I chose is from a piece I'm co-authoring with Sonia Hightower. It is titled The Submission.
It'd been awhile since an author had been brave enough to submit a BDSM based book.
Goodreads revealed a mix of information on Katia's previous release. Though it had sold, and reviews were there, they weren't raving. No one was singing her praises to whatever powers that be. Of course, having a fandom like that took time. But getting there was an issue for not only the author, but the publisher who took the risk on a low-key writer.
          The only complaint that Sylvia noted amongst the reviews was the lack of sex. 

1. Kelly Yeakle
2. Max Ellendale
3. Shyla Colt
4. Kimmy Gould
5. Angelina Rain
6. Alexandra O'Hurley
7. Melissa Taukiri

You don't have to play, but I think it'd be fun to let us cheat and see what our "competition" is working on. *Evil Grin*  You know you wanna!

1 comment:

gayl said...

It was rather devious of me wasn't it. Perhaps your reigning purple evilness has rubbed off on me. I just hope the authors you tagged aren't sending forces out to get me. heheh

I love the possibilities in this tidbit. Thanks for sharing!!