D. F. Krieger

Monday, March 5, 2012

Must Read Monday: Educating Ethan

Today I'm going to introduce you to a book that I really identified with while I was editing it.
Only 1.99! Click here to buy!
When the much younger Ethan moves in to Ida's neighbourhood, an innocent flirtation quickly becomes passionate. But who is educating who in this cougar encounter?

Ida Deloraine intends to build herself a new life and a new catering career after a painful divorce. When the much younger Ethan Holt moves in across the street, an innocent flirtation quickly becomes serious when the two realize their age difference is no barrier to all-consuming passion. But Ethan is the exact opposite of what Ida is looking for in a sexual partner. In her eyes he is young and vibrant, with his life and his dreams still ahead of him, whereas hers are all in the past. Can Ethan, who is fighting his own demons in the form of a car accident, failed marriage, and forced career change, convince Ida to overcome the past and live for the moment? And just who is educating who in this cougar encounter?

This book hit home on so many levels. Everything from Ida's age and body issues (I'm four years older than my husband and some people act like it's a terrible huge age gap. Plus I've had children. I do not look like a centerfold girl!), to Ethan's physical issue from his wreck. I can say from personal experience that Ms. Lynne did a perfect job describing the hardship such an injury can have.

The inner emotional conflict in this novel was spectacular. It was realistic, dealing with issues in a way that made you sit on the edge of your seat and wonder how it was all going to get resolved. And let me say, the resolution was great! The author tied up the edges nicely without making the ending feel rushed.

I highly recommend this as a Must Read! ~ D. F. Krieger

No comments: