D. F. Krieger

Monday, June 25, 2012

Must Read Monday: Aphrodite Calling

This book introduced me to new things and pushed some of my boundaries. This book was a whole new world for me to edit. I mean, how many people can say they've read a transgendered book before, much less edited one? When the author came to me, asking me if I'd edit it, I read the blurb and just couldn't resist. Not only is Jennifer a great writer, but she does a fantastic job of pulling us into the emotional turmoil that is in these characters. This was another one of those books that I had to just read it a couple of times before I tried to edit it just so I wouldn't get lost in it while I was editing it. I also love the concept of what she calls "Erotes." This was an intiguing idea to me, and makes me want to read the previous book and the rest in the series. If you caught me that hard in a book, then you certainly qualify for a Must Read Monday! ~ D. F. Krieger

Only 2.99! Check out one of the links below to buy!
Sometimes it takes the power of the gods to reveal the woman within...

A modern-day transsexual woman and an ancient god of desire is an unusual pairing, but the power of Aphrodite works in the most mysterious ways.

Gina Deveraux is forced to confront her painful past when she attends a high school reunion. Born with male genitalia, she spent her childhood and teen years living as a boy, and has only now returned in an effort to put the past behind her, so she can begin to live her life without the continuing fear of loneliness and rejection.

Himeros is one of the erotes, an aspect of Eros, and as such it is his duty to answer the call of sexual desire whenever a human needs him. But he has been living among mortals too long and his interest has waned. When he decides to accept one last call he finds a woman who is unique. A woman who encapsulates the whole human experience in her body, and her soul.

Has he finally found the one with whom even a god of desire could find fulfilment? Forever, after all, is such a long time to be alone.male genitalia, she spent her childhood and teen years living as a boy, and has only now returned in an effort to put the past behind her so she can begin to live life without the continuing fear of loneliness and rejection.

No comments: