D. F. Krieger

Monday, July 30, 2012

Must Read Monday: Rescued Love

For romance and animal lovers everywhere!

Click to buy! Only $4.49


One by one, household dogs disappear only to come back after senseless abuse. Veterinarian Jordan Powell will stop at nothing to ensure her patients' safety. Even if that means seeking help from ex-boyfriend, police officer Nate Thrillson, the man whose heart she once broke.

The last thing Nate wants is a relationship. He has an inoperable cancerous tumor in his brain and his days are numbered. Yet, he couldn't resist Jordan.

It's a race against time to save the dogs and the man who captured her heart. Can the doctor, who made a life out of helping animals, heal a human?

Rescued Love was one of the stories that the moment I read through it, I knew I had to have it. I'm a huge fan of animal rescue and veterinary sciences, and a sucker for romance so this book hit me on many angles. For once, though, it was the hero I sympathized with and rooted on the most. What he's dealing with, and why he makes the decisions he does, were things that broke my heart. I read the whole book on the edge of my seat, wondering how there could possibly be any kind of happy ending that didn't leave me sobbing.

I'm also very grateful that the author is making this a series. The secondary character, Petra, has her own story woven throughout that leaves you wanting to know what happens to her. I certainly can't wait until the second book is ready for a read-through! All these things make this a Must Read Monday! ~ D. F. Krieger

1 comment:

Angelina Rain said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked my story, and thanks for editing it. You have been the perfect editor for this book and I can't wait for you to edit the rest of the series