D. F. Krieger

Monday, July 16, 2012

Must Read Monday: Willing Sacrifice

*This ARC was given to me in fair exchange for an honest review. I in no way edited this story or it's contents, nor do I work for Naughty Nights Press.

Click to buy! Only $4.99!

Sugar is the widowed wife of Alpha werewolf Jack Coon. Werewolves mate for life, and normally when a mate dies the other is soon to follow, but Sugar won’t and Jack’s ghost isn’t giving up yet. He wants what every werewolf wants…a forever mate, and if Sugar won’t die naturally he’s willing to force the situation.

In this story Sugar makes several willing sacrifices for her freedom and that of her Pack – some of which that will haunt her forever, and one that puts her in debt to a Reaper

First of all, let me just say I read the blurb/synopsis to this book and I simply knew I had to read it. Fortunately, I am on an e-mail list as a potential review, so I was able to snag this book. It releases on Tuesday, July 17th, but is available for pre-order if you click the above cover image.

Willing Sacrifice really got me emotionally. In light of my own release, To Honor, I couldn't have chose a better book to review immediately after. The emotional turmoil the main character, Sugar, goes through is so intense, I could totally relate. I love how this book wasn't so much about sex as about survival in a werewolf pack. Yeah, there was sex. Sexy kinds of sex, but the book wasn't riddled with it.

I have to say, once I finished the book, I was at a cross roads. I really want to read the sequel...which isn't out yet (Darn you Cree, you better be writing it!) and I know I'm going to read the earlier book, Whisper On a Scream. I also know when I read the earlier book, I'm probably going to need lots of hugs and cuddling. This was definitely a Must Read Monday! ~ D. F. Krieger

No comments: