D. F. Krieger

Friday, August 3, 2012

Ravaged Antho Release and Hop!

Ravaged Promo Blog Hop - 5 blogs, 10 authors, 10 copies to be won!

Welcome to the Ravaged Author Blog Hop
To celebrate the release of Ravaged this weekend the authors have done a little Q&A hosted by five of the authors on their blogs.

Each blog features two interviews and if you comment you have a chance to win one of 10 PDF copies of Ravaged kindly donated by all the authors.
The blog links can be found here so please go and check out all the interviews.


Interviews with SJ Thomas and Erin O'Riordan


SJ Thomas

About the Story

Title of your story, main characters and what it is about?

Pleasure Bound
Caught up in a secret war between shifters and a human army lion shifter Logan has been held prisoner for years, kept in isolation and periodically tortured for information. When Logan find himself handed over to Celeste, the daughter of the man who captured him, he is dismayed to find she is his mate. Though they are enemies, and though Celeste continues to oversee Logan's torture, their attraction to each other is undeniable and when Celeste comes to him one night he does not deny her. I would point out at this point that Logan is chained up so they have to quite creative but I'm not saying anymore than that!

Where did you get the inspiration for your story?

I just had this really strong image of a man of unknown paranormal origin chained in a dark cell come into my mind and the story evolved from there. Most of my stories start with an image and the why and what creates the story.

Favorite line:

"That was sex. A kiss is different." She forced herself to look up at him. "A kiss is...personal."
Logan's eyes narrowed, his head tilting to the side as he weighed her words. Celeste didn't know if he would understand, could only wait to see what he would do. Suddenly he pressed her even tighter against the wall, his expression becoming predatory as his hand moved from her face to grasp the back of her neck.
"Well then, you and I are about to get a lot more personal."

About the Author

How long have you been writing and how did you become a writer?

I’ve always been an avid reader and had an active imagination and I did toy with writing when I was about 16, but I honestly didn’t think I could come up with anything original so I stopped. I didn’t write for years but reading interviews by authors about the inklings they had for their stories, I remembered the ideas I’d had when I was 16 and started writing again. I got more focused with the 2011 Mills and Boon New Voices competition and then came across a paranormal horror contest on Facebook. That helped me get really focused and having my story accepted gave me the confidence to keep writing and submitting.  I have been very, very lucky that I’ve had so much success so quickly.

Have you got anything else out/due out?

I have stories out in three other anthologies (The Withering Darkness, The Dark Hunger and Dark Light) as well as a free short story An Angel's Kiss that’s just come out as part of Breathless Press’s birthday.  At the moment I have three other anthologies and novellas due out later this year, though I’m still waiting to hear on a few so fingers crossed it will be more. My first stand alone releases will be two more shifter stories coming October, also from Breathless Press.

Top tip for writing/publishing?

When you're starting out go for short stories and anthology calls. Its great practice, its more achievable, and its a really good way to get your first publications.

Just for Fun

If you were a shifter what animal would you change into?

A bird of prey because I'd love to be able to fly or a horse because I have always loved horses and used to ride and love the idea of running fast across a beach.

Favorite food and drink?

Ice cream and barcardi and coke and yes they can both be at the same time.

Favorite movie?

My husband and I are huge film buffs so it's hard to narrow it down but I'd go for The Lord of the Rings trilogy, especially The Two Towers, 300, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Thor.

Boxers or Briefs?

Definitely boxers

Finish this sentence: I have never...

I have never swam with sharks.

Stalker Links:



twitter@SJThomas25


Erin O’Riordan

About the Story

Title of your story, main characters and what it is about?

“Sheep Shifter” features a grown-up Alice (of Wonderland fame) in a new adventure with the White Queen and a shapeshifter sometimes known as the Cheshire Cat.

Where did you get the inspiration for your story?

I honestly can’t remember, but I am a big fan of big-cat shapeshifter stories.

Favorite line:

“The simple gesture caused a curious burning sensation in Alice’s stomach, as if she’d sipped her tea while it was still too hot...yet the feeling was not entirely unpleasant. “

About the Author

How long have you been writing and how did you become a writer?

I’ve always been a writer; I became a professional in 2006. My husband/fellow writer/editor Tit Elingtin has been self-employed for years, and that was when I decided it was time for me to have my own business.

Have you got anything else out/due out? I’m wrapping up the third book in my Pagan Spirits novel series.

Top tip for writing/publishing? Be persistent.

Just for Fun

If you were a shifter what animal would you change into? I can think of lots of good choices. Wolf. Python. Unicorn. Griffin. I can’t make up my mind.

Favorite food and drink?

Apple slices with peanut butter – boring but true. And coffee.

Favorite movie? Narrowing it down to one is too tough on my little brain at the moment

Boxers or Briefs? On me? Boy-cut briefs are cute. On Christian Bale? Either one, as long as they’re crumbled up in the corner of the bedroom floor.

Finish this sentence: I have never...
 …seen the Pacific Ocean.

Stalker Links:


Can't wait to get your edition! This new release is on sale now. Click to buy!

8 comments:

K.R.R. Bridgstreet said...

I get a feeling that all cats might be shifters...I wonder if Logan, the Cheshire Cat, and Saul would all get along?

Annabeth Leong said...

SJ, I'm always intrigued by writers who get clear images -- I hear dialogue first, so it seems like another world.

Erin, I love the idea of the Cheshire Cat as a shapeshifter. That is awesome!

SJ Thomas said...

@KRR - imagine them all at a party sizing each other up!!

@Annabeth - most of my writing comes from a single image and then I work out the what, why and where

@DF - thanks for hosting us!!

Jackie Hauver said...

Great interview ladies! Both stories sound enticing!

K.R.R. said...

@SJ: You and Stephen King both! I read that he writes mostly from an image or a random situation, too. I see a very bright future in your writing tactics...I need to take a page from yours and D.F.'s and write constantly instead of tooling around with my chickens.

SJ Thomas said...

@Jackie thank you so much


@KRR I didn't know that but that's very encouraging!

Susan W. said...

Sj, bird of prey shifter and Rocky Horror Picture show... Me too! I think I'm going to love your books!

Erin, Having the Cheshire Cat as a shape shifter is an interesting idea.

suz2(at)cox(dot)net

SJ Thomas said...

@ Susan W its quite funny how similar the authors/readers taste are but I'm taking that as a good sign! Thanks for commenting :)