D. F. Krieger

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Awesome Event

I make no secret of the fact that I am, in fact, Pagan by religion. No, it doesn't meant I always dress in black. I also don't worship the dark forces or cast curses. Okay, so I fantasize about casting them when someone really makes me mad, but I have yet to turn anyone into a newt...thus far.

Because I love Halloween sooooo much, I am offering a special to one lucky commenter. Leave a comment and you could win one copy of your choice of the books I'm featuring today. To be fair to the author, I will be purchasing the copy I'm sending if you choose a book that isn't mine. That way they win too! I will be choosing a reader at the magic hour of midnight tonight.

Here are some spooky funtime books to help you along with the Halloween (*cough*Samhain*cough*) spirit!


When her parents are taken from her too soon, Onyx Night is thrust into a secret world and discovers something about herself she could never have imagined.

Onyx Knight has yearned to leave her tiny hometown behind for years. With her parents' support she attends the local university where she has developed a not-so-innocent crush on her Medieval History professor, Cole Radcliffe. A family tragedy thrusts Onyx into a secret world she never knew existed and she discovers something about herself she could never have imagined.

Family friends promise to help Onyx through this transition, but they demand certain things in return. Things she can't—and will not—give. When it becomes clear they are willing to get what they want from her by force, Onyx goes on the run.

Cole Radcliffe has his own secrets. When he finds Onyx in need of help, he takes her in, against his better judgment. He plans to keep her safe, but how can he keep her safe if he can't even protect her from himself?

For Sarah, being a shape-shifter means having a wild side that craves variety. Can one human man tame her animal instinct?

Sarah Cole is a shape-shifter who is always in control that is until she meets sexy Kiwi vet, Travis Hunter. He has a way of rattling her cool exterior and seeing the real her like no lover ever has. But, in Sarah's experience, relationships between shifters and humans just don't work.

If that wasn't enough to deal with Sarah decides to rescue a cursed Amur leopard who needs her help to become human again. Can Sarah save the shifter and her heart, or will her cat's eyes only see the damage that magic wreaks on the unsuspecting.

Nyna is willing to be a sacrifice, but is she willing to make a sacrifice to keep his love?

Given as sacrifice to the Wahya to ensure the safety of her tribe, Nyna must prove that despite being prey, she is worthy of being the mate of a hunter. When a great threat shadows the Wahya and Awahi, Nyna has to choose between her courage to fight for what she loves, or her place in her husband's eyes.


And just in case you'd rather buy them instead of entering the contest, I've added buy links to the covers. Enjoy!!! ~ D. F. Krieger

5 comments:

Taylor Skye said...

Have you ever considered writing a non fiction book based on the pagan religion? I have always liked the birth of the Holly king :)

SJ Thomas said...

another interesting fact I've learned about you! you so have to work that into a story one day. Thanks for the fab giveaway (I'd love your book!)

Leona said...

Geez. I have to CHOOSE? Can someone eenie meenie miny mo it for me?

:D Thanks for the *cough*Samhain*cough* present.

Marcus Earvin said...

Happy Halloween!!! Thanks for the awesome chance to win! :)

Ann Harrison said...

I know I have a spell for that newt transition somewhere. When I find it I'll send it your way, snigger. I'm sure you will the 'uhmmm' right thing with it.
I want your book please D.:)