D. F. Krieger

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful Animals and Authors: Angelina Rain

Today marks our first guest author and their rescued pet. Please welcome Angelina and Joey! I'll just go stand quietly over here while Angelina tells us all about her dog.


When Joey came into my life, I wasn't looking for a dog. I was still newly married, a new homeowner (to a falling apart dump), and although we had discussed getting a dog eventually, we hadn't actually looked for one.

I was at work when my husband (now ex-husband) called and announced that he found us the perfect dog. That was great! But how was I supposed to leave work before the Petsmart adoption event was over? Just as I finished my phone conversation, my boss looked at me and said I could go.

I've never been a believer in love at first sight, but that is exactly the connection I had to my little furry baby boy. Within minutes of seeing him, I stood filling out the paperwork to make him mine.

Joey isn't the perfect dog. When he came to us, he had a few small medical problems that I fixed up with a little meds and love, and he has bigger fear problems that I'm still working on. He's scared of water, scared of people (men, mainly), scared of loud noises, and scared of the dark.

According to my family and my vet, Joey was abused at some point of his life. I'm very happy that I got to rescue him, because despite his fears, he is the smartest and most loving dog I have ever met. I wouldn't trade him for anything!


Thanks, Angelina. Joey sure is a gorgeous dog, and he looks so cute cuddling that stuffed toy! I heard you have a deal going on with your book, Rescue Love, that is about animal abuse and romance. It was interesting to see the two combined. Would you mind telling us more about that?


The holiday season is upon us and it truly is the season of giving.

Animal welfare is a very important issue to me, so I'm going to donate 50% of ALL my royalties from the sales of Rescued Love to the Humane Society of the United States (http://www.humanesociety.org/).

If you buy a copy of Rescued Love between October 1 and December 31, a portion of the money you paid will go towards helping the animals. What could be better? You get an entertaining romance and to give back to a very important cause.

What are readers saying about Rescued Love?


"I'm very grateful that the author is making this a series. I certainly can't wait until the second book! All these things make this a Must Read!"

"Rescued Love is a beautiful blending of mystery and sweet romance with an unexpected twist."

"Wonderful heartwarming story!"

"I appreciate the unique story the author came up with… It's entertaining, unique, and I'm hoping that book two is not only about Petra, but about the dogs who made it through."


One by one, household dogs disappear only to come back after senseless abuse. Veterinarian Jordan Powell will stop at nothing to ensure her patients' safety. Even if that means seeking help from ex-boyfriend, police officer Nate Thrillson, the man whose heart she once broke.

The last thing Nate wants is a relationship. He has an inoperable cancerous tumor in his brain and his days are numbered. Yet, he couldn't resist Jordan.

It's a race against time to save the dogs and the man who captured her heart. Can the doctor, who made a life out of helping animals, heal a human?

** Do your part in helping the animals and get yourself a copy of Rescued Love. **

BUY LINKS:



ARe - http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-rescuedlove-895195-149.html


Awesome-sauce! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your story and fund-raising efforts with us! Readers, here is contest number one: I am giving away a $10 Amazon gift card. Let's see how many comments we can get! Please remember to leave a contact e-mail so if you are the winner I can reach you! ~ D. F. Krieger

3 comments:

Aurelia B Rowl said...

Awww, hi Joey!

Persephone Jones said...

Beautiful story. Beautiful dog. :)

gayl said...

I'm really looking forward to getting this one. I love your story about Joey. We rescued our puppy as well although she isn't with us anymore.