D. F. Krieger

Monday, April 29, 2013

Must Read Monday: Blue Moon House - Kitten

Click To Buy!
How does a twentieth century woman take back control over her own body? By giving that control to the right man.
What if you could have limitless sexual pleasure, at the price of your own blood?
Where does the girl who has done it all go when she wants something new?

Jocelyn considers herself sexually experienced, a leader and manipulator. She is looking for the next challenge. The rumors surrounding Blue Moon House sound like just the thing she's looking for. Losing her roommate to marriage, she also needs a new place to stay. Hoping to find both in the same entity, she follows the rumors to their source and finds much more than she bargained for, beginning with a discovery that defies her biological science background - vampires.
Like the previous book (review can be found here), this one was so dirty it made me feel positively naughty just reading it. Again, this isn't some whimsical little spanking book, but a deeper look into BDSM. I love the fact they made her sign a contract, and I also love the fact that each master is so different. No matter your BDSM preference, you'll find a master in here you'll identify with. Personally, I'm looking forward to Harry and learning more about him.

The main character really struck a chord with me. Despite her desire to participate in BDSM, she has a history that keeps her from really giving away control, and that causes some issues. I liked the fact she and her emotions felt real. I also really enjoyed the fact that you truly got to see her evolve. She didn't change overnight, but over a course of months.

Once again, Ms. Dawson has written a story that left me blushing and turning the pages at such a fast pace, I read it in one sitting. I'm looking forward to the rest in the series. That definitely makes this a Must Read! ~ D. F. Krieger

2 comments:

Angelica Dawson said...

Thank you so much for the review, Deadra! And as a thank you to your readers, they can enter a contest to win a Naughty Nights gift certificate. It will go even farther this month as most titles are 25% off! Just for those who take the time to read the comments: http://on.fb.me/13uvL4S

Delena Silverfox said...

I know that when I read it, there was a particular place in the story that always made me hitch a breath and my eyes wouldn't stop tearing up. It was just so personal and hit me right where it counts, every time.