D. F. Krieger

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Must Read Monday: Pagan Edition

I am terribly late in this post. Ever have one of those days where you are so busy, you forget what day of the week it is? Yeah, it's been like that for me for a few days now. To make it up to you, dear readers, I've decided to post several books with a similar theme. So may I proudly present, Must Read Monday: Pagan Edition. Each of the following books has a pagan or witch/warlock theme. I've got everything from a softer romance to an erotic one to a YA.

First up, let's check out the YA and work our way up, shall we?

Click To Buy!
Nera is a normal teenage girl living in Ireland, or so she thought until she discovers the family secret.. now her world is forever changed.

Descended from a long line of witches, she discovers is the one who has to stop the curse that has taken the life of every girl before her.

And if that isn't enough, she must learn to use magic from the man called Bones. He is the son of Mari, Queen of the Witches...and a god. It is Bones who has been entrusted to teach her the skills she needs to stay alive, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have an uncanny knack for pushing her buttons.

Can Nera succeed and resist the charms of the man who gets under her skin at every opportunity?

This book really hooked me. The cast of characters had me taking notice right away, and I'm glad this is a series as I'm looking forward to seeing how each of them develops and fleshes out. It helps that I'm majorly crushing on Bones and Jasper (More on Jasper in another review below.)

My only issue was that the main character seemed really bratty...that was, until I started looking at how girls this characters age act this day and age. Nera also got me to thinking about myself, and if I had the hardships of the world thrown on my shoulders, just how stable would I be. Basically, I realized this character acted far more human than many stories I've read, and it was one of the things that hooked me. I'm really, really looking forward to the next in the series, which is due out this summer.


Click To Buy!
What happens when a Wiccan high-priestess and three mischievous nymphs conjure spells on an environmentalist and a jet engine designer? Magic, mayhem, and wild nights of passion.

Justine Tori Cryst is to be initiated into Gaia's universal coven. Problem is Justine must conjoin with a perfect soul-mate at the last stroke of midnight on her 29th birthday.

Shaun Kelly can't believe his luck, or bad luck, when the woman who crushed his heart in college magically returns into his life. But crushed hearts mend. He still loves her. However, the chances of his rekindling their romance are zip because he's certain Justine is hell-bent on putting the company he works for out of business permanently.

Unbeknownst to either, Justine's goddess mother is determined to bring Shaun and Justine back together because Shaun has exactly what Justine needs to become the mother of the next generation of powerful little Wicca's—his gene pool.

This book had some sex in it, but it mostly focused on the relationship between Justine and Shaun. They had quite a past they had to mend, and you can just feel the pain emanating off the pages as they try to fight their feelings by taking it out on each other. Between the magic, the tension, and the real bad guys getting what they deserve, I enjoyed this book immensely. Tia Dani is a name I'll be picking up more often in the future!

Click To Buy!



Jasper has fallen for the young woman that invades his dreams every night and seduces him. Little does he know she is the daughter of the gods that rule his part of the world. When he is called upon by them to teach their youngest daughter the elemental spells, he is horrified to find out who his mystery lover is. With the fate of his tenants and his own life at risk, Jasper must find a way to have her without bringing the gods wrath on them all.

This book was hot, hot, hot! Not only did it include gods, a sexy Irish lord who was a warlock, and sexy sex, but it also had a real conflict going on. How do you choose what's best for your people when the one thing they need, you are banned from asking for as a favor from the gods? I was on the edge of my seat wondering what possible solution Jasper could find.

On a side note: recognize the name Jasper? Yep, this is the very same Jasper from the young adult story above, Witchling. The author went back and wrote his story, except with an adult twist. I loved seeing it tie together with the YA.

Each of these stories has something very unique to offer, while still being in the same category. I hope you all enjoyed this edition of Must Read. I also hope that you will pick up at least one of these books and let a little magic into your life. ~ D. F. Krieger

No comments: