D. F. Krieger

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ch-ch-changes!

It's no secret that I'm a bit of a David Bowie fan. Labyrinth still receives regular viewings in my house, and it's not always because my kids want to watch it. I remember listening to him sing as a child, when my mother tossed a record on the record player while she was dusting the house. We could "put on (our) blue suede shoes and dance the blues" with the best of them.

But I digress...

The real rhyme and reason behind this post is more to announce the changes going on in my life. The new has swept Facebook for the past week, though I'm sure it's only a minor ripple in the grand scheme of events. The big news? Well, it's a little three-fold, I suppose.

First of all, September 30th will be my last day with Breathless Press. After 3 wonderful years there, my time has come to an end. I didn't quit, I was let go. And though I can't go into any more detail than that, I will say there is absolutely no ill will between myself and the publisher. I wish Breathless Press all the best, and I will continue publishing my Faxfire Series through them.

This brings me to news number two. I will be doing my very best to pick my writing back up. Due to the extreme workload, my writing fell by the wayside. It was heart wrenching, especially since my big dream was to be an author. I love the connections I made and the good I did at Breathless, don't get me wrong, but I want to write *insert whining*.

However, no job equals no income on my end. I'm too much of a workaholic to not work, so I'm job hunting for a new publishing house to adopt me as an editor. I have a few resumes out that I'm waiting to hear back on. Maybe, with a lot of hard work, I'll be able to work my way up the totem pole again. Either way, I know I'll get myself in to trouble if I don't find a way to fill all the time I'll shortly have on my hands. So... *drumroll* I'm reopening Krieger Kreations and accepting new clients. Krieger Kreations is my editing service and I have several packages available for freelance editing. So if you are thinking you might need to hire an editor, please give my website a looksee. I promise I won't charge an arm and a leg, nor do I accept first born children. I do accept Paypal though!

Anyhoo, it's a lot of change to go through, and I'm more than a little scared. Please wish me luck as I start taking the first wobbly steps on a new path. ~ D. F. Krieger

3 comments:

Pippa Jay said...

Sorry to see you go. Good luck, Deadra, and many thanks as I started at BP through submitting critique pages to you.

Gayl Taylor said...

I am glad you will be able to focus on more authorly things but I will miss you so hard as an editor. Anywhere you end up will be the better for it.

Passing on this post in case someone might be looking for a rock star and find you!

Raven McAllan said...

we'll all miss you, but I have utter faith you will do whatever you decide superbly well.
and it might mske me get my finger out and need an editor so I self pub)