D. F. Krieger

Monday, April 6, 2015

Must Read Monday: Blue Moon House -Slave

Fourth book in and this series has yet to lose it's spark, or my interest.


Click here to buy!




In this fourth Blue Moon House eBook:

How does a slave become an equal? What does it take for a young man to see women in a new light?

Will has no interest in women. He thinks them all animals to be trained, beaten. It doesn't take him long to discover his preference for men, but time and error reveal how wrong his view toward women is. Before long, he is able to separate the way he treats women, which is still horrific, from the way he regards women, as fellow human beings.

*Trigger Warning: This book contains racial slurs and one man's misogynistic ways and errors in judgement until he learns a valuable lesson. This treatment is not intended for the purpose of titillation and does not in any way reflect the author's or publisher's beliefs of the appropriate treatment of any woman or human being. The information is, however, necessary to portray the moral behind this story, the lessons learned, and the appropriate use of SSC within BDSM erotica.*

When I read that blurb, I wondered how I could ever possibly like this book. As a dedicated reader of Ms. Dawson's Blue Moon House series,  I refused to give in to my inhibitions. I'm so glad I did. This story was one of the best roller-coaster rides I've ever read. I loved watching Will grow as a character, and loved being able to piece together why he thought and did the things he did.

As with all of her stories in this series, it wasn't without it's fair share of hardcore kink. The self-discovery for Will isn't an overnight thing, and as usual, the Masters and Mistresses of Blue Moon House are there to guide him, each in their own unique ways. I love that the author is back tracking to show how each member of the House ends up there, and the back story to why they are the way they are. More importantly, I love that the series continues to have real plot and isn't simply a compilation of kinky sex scenes for the sake of writing kink.

As usual, well done, Ms. Dawson. You continue to stun and astound me with the depths you travel into the psyche of your characters, and the artful portrayal of BDSM at it's kinkiest. That's why this book, and this series, continues to be a Must Read! ~ D. F. Krieger

*Note: I received an ARC of the story in exchange for an honest review. :)

No comments: