D. F. Krieger

Monday, April 20, 2015

Must Read Monday: Not Vanilla (Voyeurism)

A sexy duo that will keep you hot long after the book is over!


Buy the book here! Only .99 cents!




    Blurb - Not Vanilla (Voyeurism)

    USA Today Bestselling Author Roz Lee, and Bestselling Author Jennifer Lynne, invite you to taste the forbidden in a brand-new series offering a tantalizing glimpse into a range of "flavors" that are definitely not vanilla!


    The first in this series, Not Vanilla (Voyeurism), includes Watch Me by Jennifer Lynne and Lookin’ Good by Roz Lee. These sexy, novellette-length stories are designed to take you into the erotic world of the watcher and the watched, while still holding onto the romance.


    Blurb - Lookin’ Good by Roz Lee

    I wish I had never told Travis my deepest, darkest secret—that I like to watch. I should have known he would want to give me my heart’s desire. I love him more than anything, but I hate him for using my weakness to try to win me back. Moreover, I hate myself for not being able to turn down the gifts he brings me. ~ Bailey Rose




    Blurb - Watch Me by Jennifer Lynne

    I was so afraid, when my husband uncovered my secret. Afraid he'd hate me, or think me disgusting, or be completely turned off. Equally scared this watching game I play with our sexy neighbor might be shut down for good. Can William bring himself to join my addictive Sunday night ritual, or will he force me to choose between the man I love, and the sexual urges that consume me? ~ Isabel


Watch Me actually comes first in the book, so I'm going to discuss it first. Both stories are told in first person, and to me that just makes the characters so much more approachable. I really expected a short sex-filled story, but the plot in this was huge. The character's interactions with each other weren't one-dimensional. There were facets and layers to why she and her husband reacted the way they did, and why she was even doing it to begin with. We all know I'm a sucker for books about marriages to begin with, so this story sucked me in from the start. As always, Miss Lynne reeled me in, hook, line and sinker, though this story is completely different from her Gods of Love series I rant about so much.

Looking Good is the second book. This is the first time I've ever read anything by this author, and it was nice to be introduced to someone new. I guess that's why I like anthologies that have a mix of authors I know and authors I don't. I know I'll love some of the book, and I get to meet new authors to fall in love with too. This case wasn't any different. The main character of this book talks to the reader and it feels like we're sitting right beside her, being her besty as she tries to work through her own emotions. It's very well done and artful. Not something I see commonly achieved.

I like the fact that the two stories are vastly different yet keep with the same theme. It's obvious when you read them that you are reading completely different characters, different scenarios. It doesn't feel like a boring repeat of what you just read. The end of the book indicates there's another co-authored book to come, and I can't wait to get my hands on that baby. That's what makes this a Must Read! ~ D. F. Krieger

No comments: